Oily skin is a common skin concern that can affect people of all ages. It is caused by the overproduction of sebum, which is an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. Sebum helps to protect and moisturise the skin, but too much sebum can lead to oily skin, clogged pores, and breakouts.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to oily skin, including genetics, hormones, and diet. Oily skin is also more common during puberty and pregnancy.
While oily skin can be frustrating, it is important to remember that it is normal. In fact, oily skin has some benefits, such as being less prone to wrinkles.
If you have oily skin, there are a number of things you can do to manage it. One of the most important things is to wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. You should also avoid using harsh soaps or scrubs, as these can strip the skin of its natural oils and lead to overproduction of sebum.
In addition to cleansing, there are a number of skincare products that can help to reduce oily skin and breakouts. Some of the most effective ingredients for oily skin include salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and glycolic acid. These ingredients work by exfoliating the skin, removing dead skin cells, and unclogging pores.
Refresh Skincare offers a wide range of products that can help to manage oily skin, from a variety of brands. Here are a few examples:
- Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser: This gentle cleanser is formulated with a low pH to help balance the skin's pH and prevent overproduction of sebum.
- Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask: This mask contains mugwort, which is a natural ingredient with anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties. It helps to soothe the skin and reduce the appearance of redness and blemishes.
- COSRX Salicylic Acid Gentle Cleanser: This loose powder helps to absorb excess oil and keep the skin looking matte.
If you have oily skin, check out the wide range of products available from Refresh Skincare. There's something for everyone, regardless of budget or skin type.
Here are a few tips for dealing with oily skin:
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or scrubs.
- Use skincare products that are specifically designed for oily skin.
- Moisturise your skin regularly, even if it is oily.
- Avoid touching your face throughout the day.
- Blot your face with oil-absorbing papers throughout the day.
If you have severe oily skin or acne, you may want to see a dermatologist for treatment. For more great tips on managing oily skin check out the American Academy of Dermatology. There's also some inspiration on preventing and dealing with oily skin from Elle.
Here at Refresh Skincare we stock a wide range of effective and affordable skincare products. Save 10% on your first order when you sign up to our email list and be the first to hear about news, special offers and new products.