Combination skin is a type of skin that has both oily and dry patches. It is the most common skin type, affecting around 60% of the population.
Combination skin can be difficult to care for, as it requires different products and routines for the different areas of the face. However, with the right products and routine, it is possible to achieve a balanced and healthy complexion.
How to Identify Combination Skin
There are a few key signs that you may have combination skin:
- Your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) is oily, but your cheeks are dry or normal.
- You experience breakouts on your T-zone, but your cheeks are clear.
- Your skin feels tight and dry after washing, but it becomes oily throughout the day.
- Your skin is sensitive to certain products, especially those that are too harsh or drying.
Ingredients to Help Manage Combination Skin
There are a number of ingredients that can help to manage combination skin. Some of the most effective include:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, which means that it attracts water to the skin. This helps to hydrate the dry patches of the skin without making the oily patches oilier.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that has a number of benefits for the skin, including reducing oil production, inflammation, and the appearance of pores.
- Salicylic acid: Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells. This can help to unclog pores and prevent breakouts.
- Glycolic acid: Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that also helps to exfoliate the skin. It is a good option for people with combination skin who want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Here are a few of the best skincare products for combination skin that are available from Refresh Skincare:
- Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser: This gentle cleanser is formulated with a low pH to help balance the skin's pH and prevent overproduction of sebum.
- Laneige Water Bank Hyaluronic Essence Toner - Combination Skin: The formula is designed to provide optimal hydration and freshness without the greasy feel, giving your skin a revitalised and balanced appearance.
- Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream: This toner contains Niacinamide and Squalene to flood the skin with deep hydration to give a fuller, smoother look. Hyaluronic Acid helps to lock in moisture in the skin, giving you a great look for longer.
Survive and Thrive
Combination skin can be difficult to care for, but it is possible to achieve a balanced and healthy complexion with the right products and routine.
When choosing skincare products for combination skin, it is important to look for products that are gentle and non-comedogenic (meaning they will not clog pores). It is also important to use products that are specifically designed for your skin type.
If you are unsure which products are right for you, it is always best to consult with a dermatologist. You can learn more about how to care for combination skin check out the Healthline Skin Care Routine and take a look at the tips and advice from Nordstrom.
Here at Refresh Skincare we stock a wide range of Korean skincare products, perfect for all types of skin. Save 10% on your first order when you subscribe to our email list and get skincare tips, product launches and special offers before anyone else.